Thursday, October 30, 2014

Comic Retro






In the mid of 1990's, my father once collected comic books and magazines of his time. As a kid, I was really curious of what my father kept in our closet during those days. When I found those items, I was fancied by its cover and of course they were cartoon like at the same time realistic to see. Unlike the comics and magazines I had, the type of paper was used on those items were like a newspaper. Until I found out that those comics and magazines I checked is what they called Pulp comic books and magazines.

Before the television and radio were out, these vintage comic books were big hit for entertainment after novels. The prizes were ranging from 10 cents to 25 cents. Very affordable in my time, but in my father's, well not much. Until World War II came and that causes shortage of papers.

Even though these items were slowly facing out, the influence still stays among writers and comic artists. Let us say that, these comics are now in the next level of appearance and the material use to make it. Vintage pulp comics are my references when it comes to fashion and it gives me ideas how to make it fashionable in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment