Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anime Throwback

Rose of Vesrailles (1979)
Source: myanimelist.net

Ranma 1/2 (1989)


Sailor Moon (1992)

Astro Boy (1963)

Voltes V (1977)

Daimos (1978)
Source: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/287306


Well, it's clear that I wasn't born when these anime aired, but they left an impact on me. There're many vintage animes that are known or acknowledged by the viewers but not all of them had been liked.

The 1st vintage anime that I've watched was Voltes V. It was a robot themed anime that caught my attention. My parents introduced this to me by the time it was re-aired in the late 1990's. It's a family themed anime as well aside all the rebellious and violent events. Next is Daimos which also robotic themed, this was my most loved anime, Why? Well it's because of Kazuya and Erika's love team and the forbidden love that they share. Then later, I discovered Sailor Moon, a magical girls themed anime who wore cute sailor battle attire and weapons and power make-up medium. While watching the series of this anime there was a slashable shoujo-ai attached to it. Next on the list, Ranma 1/2. I almost gotten how crazy I was when I watched this anime because of the love web between Ranma and Akane and yes that love web was their biggest obstacle. It helped them know how strong their relationship is; and also the transformation of Ranma and his father from a boy to girl and human to panda. Then comes Astro Boy.I thought that this anime was a new release when it was aired but when I checked the net, it was way beyond from early 2000's. Lastly, Rose of Versailles. I discovered this anime while surfing for Lolita Fashion. A very unique and beautiful story line and close to the story of Mulan though it was in a different situation.

To be honest, I didn't get to finish all episodes of these animes except for Voltes V. The revelation of the relationship of Steve Armstrong and his mortal enemy gave me a bit of a shock. The twists in it were really amazing.

These vintage animes are my inspirations and references to create new stories and until now it influences people, and me, more.






No comments:

Post a Comment